Cassie has loved stories since she was little. Her love of writing started even before she could write words. She was one to be found, reading late into the night (wait, she still does that!), on the school bus or before she did her homework. In middle school she determined that she liked creating her own stories as much as she liked reading them; so she decided she wanted to be an author and keeps working on making that dream come true with every story idea that bounds into her head.
Connect with the Author here:
Lady A is in terrible danger, an annoying side effect of her brother's latest scheme. Forced to run for her life from a madman she must return to the one place she vowed never to go again or die. After a failed attempt on her life leaves her without a name and her memories. Lady A must fight to regain them in order to help the handsome prince defeat the madman, who is threatening their kingdom. But will she remember in time? Or will she lose everyone and everything she loves? Excerpt: He slowly raised his eyes to mine; the look I saw there caused a shiver to run down my arms, prickling my skin. I pulled my arms tight to my chest, attempting to stop the cold feeling from spreading. "You have to get out of here, now!" he gasped. "Dan, what happened?" He shook his head and looked at the floor. "Tell me!" "There is no time, they are coming for you.”
Q & A with the Author:
1. Tell us about things you enjoy — what you do for fun or personal satisfaction besides writing? I am a certified childbirth educator and I never thought I would ever teach about childbirth because I was so terrified about it but I decided that I was going to beat that fear and look at where I am now. haha! I also love to paint, READ, go on dates with my hubby... you know that kind of stuff.
2. When did you first realize you were an author? Sometimes I still don't feel like one. lol. But I think it was when I decided to quit writing and after a while realized that I couldn't ever quit. That the stories were inside me bursting to get out. That it was my dream and I had better do something about it or be disappointed with my life for forever. It was when I saw that I couldn't not write. That I had to, that it was just a part of who I am. Once I embraced that I became an author. But if we are getting technical. My first book was published fall 2014. :D
3. Have you done anything writing-related, but besides actually writing your books, that seemed to get a lot of positive response? Something that encouraged you? Not really, not yet that is. I know taking a writing classes fuels my writing fire. One day I would love to teach one of those and help other writers.
4. What is the thing you struggle with the most while writing? And how do you defeat it? Making it a priority. I am a mom with a lot of little kids and they are first priority of course but I need to write! The balance of writing and being a mom is crazy hard to figure out and I am trying to make it work. I have good and not so good days with that balance but I am working on it. Also grammar I am so terrible at grammar but I am tying hard to get better,
5. What is the “message” of your writing? (For example, is your purpose to encourage old-fashioned values, encourage romance, or do you have different purposes in different books?) I have different purposes for each of my books,
6. What are your thoughts/feelings on ebook vs. print book? I like that both options are available but for me nothing beats holding a paper copy!
7. How many books do you have out? I have two YA/teen books, one non-fiction and 3 picture books. Are you planning a specific number altogether, either in this series or separately? As many as I can write. I am planning on loads of books. Some will be in series and some stand alone.
8. Are your characters/stories/scenes, etc. based on anything in real life? Not usually.
9. What are your future projects? I have a long list. More princess tales, A YA paranormal series, A YD Fantasy Series, I do want to try writing contemporary romance as well as cozy mysteries. So I have a lot more to do!
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page